The Small Business Accounting network has built an international business on being supportive, personal, and affordable. Now in Australia, SBA franchisees look forward to being of assistance to the small business community.
SBA openly seeks the best. Whether you are:
• An experienced bookkeeper with Cert IV qualifications or an accounting graduate with suitable work experience.
• An accountant working in manufacturing, the services or the profession seeking to strike out on your own.
• An existing BAS Agent looking to grow.
• A Tax Agent seeking to professionalise your business prior to sale.
We can discuss opportunities with you. And we will be honest – if the SBA network is not right for you, or you for the network, we will say so. We are not focused on large numbers of members, rather on having the right members.
The services at Small Business Accounting are specifically designed to give small businesses ongoing support with GST, PAYG, Management Accounting and Income Tax for an affordable fee.
We question the traditional methods and attitudes of the accounting profession. SBA seeks to provide a friendly, one-on-one service, regular reports to clients through monthly processing of accounts, and at a cost which doesn’t break the bank. Our “shop front” sites are designed to create brand awareness, and be inviting for prospective clients.
• Small Business Accounting (SBA) has developed a supportive accounting service for the self employed, partnerships, small private limited companies, property investors and self managed superannuation fund operators.
• SBA has challenged the traditional method of accounting services, provided by most accountants. We consider “year-end only” accounting as totally inappropriate in today’s business environment.
• The SBA monthly service is designed to give clients on-going support, and to keep them informed monthly of their businesses profitability. It allows SBA to monitor the business on a regular basis, and to give advice at a time that it is pertinent.
• From as little as $250 per month, which is extremely competitive with the traditional bundle of bookkeepers and “year-end only providers”, we:
o Process the client's work monthly,
o Providing for the client monthly profit summaries and cash flows,
o Provide IAS & BAS returns,
o Prepare the year-end Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet, the Funds Flow Statement, Depreciation Schedule;
o Prepare the client’s tax return.
• The service appeals to small business owners, who are attracted by the regular contact with their accountant, appreciate the receipt of topical trading information and advice, and are relieved at knowing that GST returns are prepared as part of the service. The monthly fee structure helps with budgeting.
• SBA has become a specialist in rental property accounting. Few accounting companies are promoting this aspect, and the identification of this market niche is proving very successful.
• SBA franchisees also provide a payroll service for their clients.
• Use of the SBA brand and IP.
• An exclusive territory in which only the franchisee may conduct local area marketing.
• Access to, and training in, “big end of town” accounting software.
• Training in the use of the SBA systems and procedures.
• Marketing training, a marketing starter pack and on-going marketing support.
• On-going education, support and advice.
• Access to a peer network
• A long-term investment (10 years with right of renewal)
• Licence Fee $36,000 + GST
• Set-up costs (server, additional software &c) approx $5,000 + GST
• Initial working capital – you should have access to $10,000
• Your own professional business, with a clear vision of the growth strategy and final capital gain upon sale.
• Your own income, dependent upon you, not someone else.
• A unique network of like-minded professionals.